In 1 Samuel 7:12, the prophet Samuel sets up a stone called an Ebenezer to mark and celebrate what God has done for the nation of Israel and how far he’s brought them. Samuel says, “Thus far the Lord has helped us,” and God didn’t bring them that far to abandon them. He was going to continue to lead them to greater things and he did. Paul echoes this sentiment in Philippians 1:6, “that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion.” God doesn’t bring us somewhere to abandon us or start something in us to leave it half finished.
God has done some amazing things over the past year and a half with The Rising and is continuing to bless us as we move forward toward our launch day of September 14. Here’s a quick list of the amazing things that have happened:
- Irene and I went to Church Planting Assessment with The CEA in February 2013 and were given a green light to plant with the affirmation and assessment that we were ready to launch a church.
- Our launch team, people who have come on board to be present, give and work to launch The Rising, has grown from a handful of people in the spring of 2013 to now just over 30! This is phenomenal in church planting world to have 30 people on a launch team just a couple months out from our first sneak peek service! Our vision night helped us grow from 20 to 30 in one night!
- During a period of 2 weeks in November 2013, 4 people hosted 4 fundraising desserts for us. 54 people came and pledged to give $51,000 over the next year!
- We secured a meeting place at The NorVa, the #1 concert venue in the country. We are even on their calendar of events and they are working to promote our services!
- Real Life, Lifepoint and Essential are all churches that have currently rallied around us to support us in various ways (There are more churches to come).
- We have taken several trips with many people from our launch team to learn from some of the best churches in the country including Elevation, Lifepoint and Mosaic
- We’ve hired a Family Ministry Director so that we can have the best Family Ministry/Children’s Ministry in the world and we’ve already contracted 3 professional bands to lead worship for our first 3 sneak peek services.
God is doing some amazing things through The Rising and I can’t wait to see how much further he brings us as he uses us for greater things! I want to invite you to move from spectator status to support status by joining in with so many other people by becoming a financial partner and supporting us on a monthly basis with a tax deductible gift of $50, $100, $150, $200, $300 or even $1,000 or by giving us a one time gift. Another way to move from the sidelines is to visit our equipment needs page and by purchasing an item for us or better yet, donate the money so you can get tax credit.
God is doing greater things through us and I would love for you have a hand in helping make a difference in the lives of people far from God so that they can be raised to true life!